Now comes the crunch for paper-writing and the Library wants to remind everyone about the MLA and APA paper templates we have available on our website to help students set up their papers in the first place.
All the formatting is done for you (margins, font, typesize, automatic page numbering, and more). You just need to fill in your info instead of the place holders.
Follow these instructions to find the templates:
1. From the library homepage (www.gtc.edu/library), click on the Citation Help tab
2. Click on APA or MLA
3. For APA, click on APA Template for use with Microsoft Word
4. For MLA, click on MLA Template for use with Microsoft Word
5. Depending on the browser you are in, you might have to click on something to get the document to open up in Word.
6. Now you can begin to modify the template. Double-click at the top of the paper to replace the heading with your title, and then double-click again to access the body of the paper to change the generic title page text with your specific information.
7. Make sure you save this updated document to your flashdrive or your pc. Documents saved to a library computer will be erased.
If you have any questions about these templates, please contact any of the three Gateway libraries at www.gtc.edu/library